Answer each of the following questions by clicking in the diamond to
the left of the possible answers. There is only one correct answer to
each question. After answering all the questions, click on the button
at the bottom of the page that says 'Submit quiz for scoring'. Your
results will be displayed automatically. Good luck!
1. Name the town that was destroyed by lava flows from Puu'oo
between 1983 and 1990.
2. What town was the hub of Big Island commerce by the 1900's ?
3. What is the name of the highest waterfall in the State of Hawaii ?
4. Waipio Valley is cut into the side of which volcano ?
5. Which volcano still has evidence of glacial deposits and the
summit looks more like the surface of Mars than a tropical island ?
6. What is the summit caldera of Mauna Loa volcano called ?
7. Which volcano is considered to be the third most active volcano
in Hawaii ?
8. What is Puu Waawaa (known as ("Cupcake Mountain") that formed
on the north rift zone of Hualalai volcano ?
a rift zone
a cinder cone
a trachyte dome
a pit crater
9. Many years ago, what type of person was very pleased to visit the
City of Refuge?
10. Where do we think the first people landed in Hawaii?
by P. Mouginis-Mark