Answer each of the following questions by clicking in the
diamond to the left of the possilbe answers. There is only
one correct answer to each question. After answering all the
questions, click on the button at the bottom of the page that
says 'Submit quiz for scoring'. Your results will be displayed
automatically. Good luck!
1. What are the lines of weakness on Kilauea Volcanoes are called?
2. The last eruption which occured within Halemaumau pit crater
was in which year?
3. How wide accross is Halemaumau crater?
4. What type of material did eruption in September 1982 produce?
Blocks of ejecta
Smooth a'a lava
5. What is the feature called that was produced by ash from
the November 1959 eruption of Kilauea Iki ?
Thurston Lava Tube
Fire Fountain Walk
Kilauea Iki Crater
6. How old is Thurston Lava Tube?
About 10 years
About 10,000 years
About 50 - 100 years
About 350 - 500 years
7. The visitor's portion of Thurston lava tube is only a few
hundred meters in length; how long does it extend underground ?
8. What is the cone on the floor of Kilauea Iki crater made of ?
9. What process continues to expand Kilauea crater ?
collapse of the rim due to slumping
erupting lava flows
swelling of the volcano
10. How many rift zones does Kilauea volcano have ?
message: Thanks for taking the Kilauea Ground Tour Quiz!
by P. Mouginis-Mark